Pop-Up Food Pantry for families dealing with effects of COVID-19
WHAT: Catholic Charities Brooklyn and Queens will host a Pop-up Food Pantry for families still dealing with the effects of COVID-19. Recipients will receive pre-packed bags of food, are required to wear a mask, be prepared to social distance, and bring a shopping cart for the food distribution.
Tickets for participation will be distributed on a first come, first served basis, beginning at 8:00 a.m. on the day of the event. You must be present to receive a ticket.
WHEN: Tuesday, June 29, 2021, distribution beginning at 9:30 a.m. until supplies last
WHERE: St. Michael's Roman Catholic Church located at 352 42nd Street, Brooklyn, NY 11232
(Pop-up food pantry will take place in the parking lot of the church)
On Tuesday, June 29 Catholic Charities Brooklyn and Queens will:
- Operate a pop-up food pantry;
- Distribute bags filled with fresh produce, dairy, meat, and non-perishable food items;
- Provide information and resource tables on SNAP screening, Project Hope;
- Provide on-site COVID-19 testing and vaccinations; and
- Distribute lots of FREE giveaways!
Download the June 29 Pop-Up Food Pantry Flyer in English and Español as a PDF.
Download the June 29 COVID-19 Vaccination Flyer as a PDF.
Live It Up: Health & Wellness Event
WHAT: Catholic Charities Brooklyn and Queens will host a Community Health & Wellness Event for families and individuals in Brooklyn and Queens. Participants are required to wear a mask and be prepared to social distance.
Space is limited. Pre-registration is required. Please sign up for the free event here or follow this link: https://bit.ly/3v2kZpn.
WHEN: Monday, June 7, 2021, beginning at 9:30 a.m. Additional time slots are 10:15 a.m., 11:00 a.m., 1:00 p.m., and 1:45 p.m. (Attendees should choose one time slot only to participate in interactive activities).
WHERE: Shrine Church of Our Lady of Solace located at 2866 West 17th Street, Brooklyn, NY 11224
On Monday, June 7 Catholic Charities Brooklyn and Queens will:
- Host interactive Health & Wellness Stations;
- Provide on-site COVID-19 testing and vaccinations;
- Provide information and resource tables on COVID-19 safety, vaccine information, NY Project Hope, (New York State's COVID-19 mental health initiative), Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits, screenings; and
- Distribute FREE health and wellness themes giveaways, including PPE!
Download the June 7 Health and Wellness Event Flyer in English and Español as a PDF.
Download the June 7 COVID-19 Vaccination Flyer as a PDF.