The Catholic Charities Brownsville Family Support Center/Brownsville – East New York Family Treatment and Rehabilitation Program recently began its Parenting Group session. This unique 12-session group program emphasizes the experience of the parent as a person rather than as a disciplinarian. As parents explore how they were parented, they can make conscious choices about how to successfully parent their own children. The Parenting Group program helps parents to:
• Create a family environment with love, safety, nurturing, and teaching
• Identify their strengths
• Increase their resilience
• Build greater trust and connections to others
• Develop forgiveness and empathy
• Explore their life experiences and how those impact their parenting.
The 12-week group session will be held every Tuesday from 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at 1165 Rockaway Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11236. If you have any questions or would like to enroll, please contact Ms. Rachelle Pierre or Mr. Wolve Gardiner at 718-385-2043.