Woodside Mobile Outreach Team
67-29 Myrtle Avenue
Glendale, NY 11385
|Monday||9:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Tuesday||9:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Wednesday||9:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Thursday||9:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Friday||9:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
The CCNS Woodside Mobile Outreach Team provides in-home comprehensive case management services including: supportive counseling; advocacy; linkage to community based home care and legal and mental health services to individuals ages five and older residing in Western Queens. The Woodside Mobile Outreach Team provides additional support to clients of the CCNS Glendale Mental Health Clinic by outreaching, in the form of home visits, to clients who have been discharged from area hospitals and missed their initial intake appointment, as an attempt to re-engage them for follow-up care. The team also facilitates support groups for victims of domestic violence in local police precincts as well as at the Glendale Mental Health Clinic. The primary goals of the Mobile Outreach Team are
- To reach out to the mentally frail persons in the community who are in crisis or homebound due to acute medical or psychiatric issues, who may also be at risk of hospitalization or institutionalization
- To identify various mentally ill populations who are at risk of decompensation, homelessness or are without a support system
- To assist in developing a plan for home care and/or nursing home and adult home placement
- To assist family members in identifying resources in order to receive necessary emotional and support services
- To act as an educator and facilitator at domestic violence support groups.
The Woodside Mobile Outreach Team offers outreach/crisis services to clients residing in Western Queens, who are ages five years and older, who have a diagnosis of mental illness in accordance with the DSM IV-TR criteria. The Woodside Mobile Outreach Team provides home visit assessments to clients who are victims of abuse, frail elders who are in danger of institutionalization due to neglect, crime victims, and clients with functional deficits who are unable to perform the activities of daily living. No client is ever denied services due to race, creed, ethnicity, gender, disability, national orientation or sexual orientation.
Myrtle - Wyckoff; Fresh Pond Rd.