Live It Up: Community Health Event
WHAT: Catholic Charities Brooklyn and Queens will host a Community Health Event for families and individuals in Brooklyn and Queens. Participants are required to wear a mask and be prepared to social distance.
Space is limited. Pre-registration is required. Please sign up for the free event here or follow this link: https://bit.ly/36frQB7.
WHEN: Tuesday, August 10, 2021, beginning at 9:30 a.m. Additional time slots are 10:15 a.m., 11:00 a.m., 1:00 p.m., and 1:45 p.m. (Attendees should choose one time slot only to participate in interactive activities).
WHERE: St. Laurence located at 11265 Flatlands Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11207
On Tuesday, August 10 Catholic Charities Brooklyn and Queens will:
- Host interactive Health & Wellness Stations;
- Provide on-site COVID-19 testing and vaccinations;
- Provide information and resource tables on COVID-19 safety, vaccine information, NY Project Hope, (New York State's COVID-19 mental health initiative), Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits, screenings; and
- Distribute FREE giveaways!
*Rain or shine. Outdoor event. Please wear a mask and socially distance. Space is limited, so arrive on time. Hosted by Catholic Charities Brooklyn and Queens Community Health & Wellness Services.
Download the August 10 Live it up Community Health Event Flyer in English, and Español as a PDF.
Pop-Up Food Pantry: For families dealing with effects of COVID-19
WHAT: Catholic Charities Brooklyn and Queens will host a Pop-up Food Pantry for families still dealing with the effects of COVID-19. Recipients will receive pre-packed bags of food, are required to wear a mask, be prepared to social distance, and bring a shopping cart for the food distribution.
WHEN: Monday, July 26, 2021, distribution beginning at 12:00 p.m. until supplies last.
WHAT: Sacred Heart of Jesus Roman Catholic Church located at 115-50 221st Street, Cambria Heights, NY 11411
Event will be held in the parking lot of the parish.
On Monday, July 26 Catholic Charities Brooklyn and Queens will:
- Operate a pop-up food pantry;
- Distribute bags filled with fresh produce, dairy, meat, and non-perishable food items;
- Provide on-site COVID-19 resources;
- Provide information and resource tables on SNAP screening, Project Hope; and
- Distribute lots of FREE giveaways!
Space is limited. First come, first served.
Download the July 26 Pop-Up Food Pantry Flyer in English and Español as a PDF.