PEER ADVOCACY PROGRAM
13-29 Beach Channel Drive
Far Rockaway, NY 11691
- Responsible for providing direct services and mentorship to consumers who currently reside in one of six adult homes located in a Far Rockaway area.
- Through first hand knowledge and experience with disabilities and / or social conditions, as steps taken toward integration into communities and living in supportive housing.
- Will promote rehabilitation and recovery oriented activities which will result in readiness to transfer to the supportive housing program by conducting groups and providing one- on -one assistance through discussion and encouragement.
- Reach out to community providers, escort clients, participate in meetings, conferences and recreational events.
- No formal education is required.
- Current or former client / consumer of the supported / supportive housing program.
- History of mental illness and at least one year of symptom remission.
- Ability to read and write in English.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to travel extensively in the community by public transportation.
Phone: (718) 337-6850
Fax: (718) 868-3782