SOCIAL SERVICE COORDINATOR
POP MANAGEMENT - BISHOP MUGAVERO APARTMENTS & POPE JOHN PAUL II APARTMENTS
29 GREENE AVENUE,
BROOKLYN, N.Y. 11238
- Provide general case management to residents needing assistance.
- Link residents to appropriate service providers in the community.
- Educate residents on service availability, application procedures, & client rights
- Monitors the ongoing provision of services from community agencies and keeps the case management and provider agency current with the progress of the individual.
- Sets up volunteer support programs with service organizations in the community.
- Helps residents build informal support networks with other residents, families, and friends.
- Assist residents in completing paperwork.
- Plan activities with residents, maintain files, & submit reports.
- Interact with team members on team projects, while maintaining the highest level of integrity in dealing with the elderly.
- Will perform outreach within the building and community while engaging people from a variety of ethnic/cultural backgrounds.
- BA or BS in human services preferred.
- Experience with elderly population.
- Excellent organizational, verbal, & written communication skills.
- May be required to meet with residents and/or staff throughout facilities.
- Regularly makes visits to clients’ homes and must often respond to emergency situations.
- May be required to climb stairs.
- Use fingers to grasp, move, and/or assemble very small objects.
- See details of objects that are less and more than a few feet away.
- Frequent sitting to write reports and when meeting with clients.
Note: This position will be split between 3 days at Bishop Mugavero Apartments & 2 days at Pope John Paul II.