JUNIOR TEACHER'S AIDE
FAMILY SERVICES/21ST CENTURY ENRICHMENT PROGRAM
23-40 ASTORIA BOULEVARD,
ASTORIA, NY 11102
- Conduct TABE Testing and enrollment into the 21st Century Enrichment Program.
- Assist with promoting physical, intellectual, social, cultural, and emotional well-being of student / children.
- Assist with providing adequate supervision of all children / students during all enrichment / learning activities.
- Assist with preparing daily activity logs (lesson plans), record student attendance, complete reports in a timely manner.
- Ability to complete staff development training pursuant to the guidelines.
- Attend staffs meetings, workshops, and conferences as indicated by program policy and procedure.
- Assist Activity and Education Specialists to conduct classroom or field trip activities as dictated by the course being taught.
- Coordinate Enrichment Recreation Activities such as Wii and other fitness classes.
- Assist in Chaperoning Field Trips and other Group Outings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- GED or H.S. Diploma.
- Experience working with children or young adults.
- Good collaboration and communication skills.
- Experience with behavior modification activities.
- Ability to be a team player.
- Good leadership and communication skills.
- Ability to assist group leader with active student engagement as well as productive classroom supervision.
- Ability to assist group leader with classroom management.
- Available and willing to travel to professional /staff development trainings or workshops.
- Available and willing to work evening hours this includes program shows, staff meetings, field trips, and / or medical emergencies.
- Ability to lift and carry supplies and equipment as needed between 5-10 pounds.
- Ability to walk up and down stairs.
- Able to participate and willing to perform physical activities, i.e. Gym.
- Required to talk, hear, see, stand, walk, sit, use hands & arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, & crawl.
- Ability to read printed materials and computer screens.
- Fine hand manipulation (Keyboarding).
- Transportation time spent commuting between sites for meetings, trainings, in-services, and home visits.
PHONE: (718) 726-9790, x136
FAX: (718) 777-6796