LIVE IN SUPERINTENDENT
1215 AVENUE O,
BROOKLYN, N.Y. 11230
Responsible for supervision of overall maintenance of a 120 unit Senior Residence.
In conjunction with the Housing Coordinator, schedule, supervise and evaluate maintenance staff.
Implement general maintenance and preventative maintenance requirements of the building.
Perform cleaning and trash removal tasks.
Establish and schedule formal preventative maintenance program in accordance with building requirements and life safety codes.
Monitor all supplies, tools, and equipment of the building.
Respond to tenant request work orders.
Bring to the attention of the Housing Coordinator issues that may affect the safety of living conditions of tenants in the building.
Ensure that the building provides a safe and healthy environment for its residents.
Be on call and respond to 24 hour facility emergency responses.
Obtain and maintain certificates of fitness including but not limited to, standpipe/sprinkler certificate, boiler license, and others that may be required.
Provide back up coverage to other POP managed facilities as may be necessary.
Prepare weekly schedules for all maintenance and security personnel.
Comply with HUD, Building, and Fire codes and regulations.
- Experience in providing maintenance services.
- Ability to make minor electrical and plumbing repairs.
- Must presently hold and be able to obtain Certificate of Fitness from NYFD.
- Must have High School Diploma or GED and be able to read and write in English;may be waived for 5 years demonstrated experience and/ or documentation of passing HPD license requirements.
- Working knowledge of boilers, HVAC, fire and safety systems, boilers, and electricity and gas systems.
- Must be highly organized and have good communication & computer skills.
- Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to walk, stand, and sit for prolonged periods of time; to frequently stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb, reach, twist, grasp, & make repetitive hand movements in the performance of daily duties.
- Lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight including the occasional moving of furniture & setting up and replacing chairs, etc.
- Must be able to freely travel between multiple sites and be able to respond to emergencies.