3060 FULTON STREET,
BROOKLYN, NY 11208
Provide professional telephone and office reception. Screen calls and walk-ins regarding basic client information such as name and address, & initial pre-screening. Transfer telephone calls, take messages, greet clients and guests, and direct them to appropriate person or meeting place.
Keep track of appointments for the office (clients, groups, agency meetings), set up and clean-up for meetings.
Handle and distribute deliveries made to the building (mail, supplies, and donations).
Perform all clerical duties which include, but are not limited to the following: handling incoming and outgoing correspondence, typing and preparing client and agency related correspondence (letters, memos), copying, filing, faxing, & creating and editing agency forms.
Perform data entry for the program database.
Maintain professional appearance of the reception office and waiting room & ensure an adequate supply of office supplies, forms, program supplies, waiting room materials, and flyers.
Perform bookkeeping duties as a back up to the Administrative Assistant when necessary.
Act as a messenger when necessary (delivery and pick up of items from local programs).
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing.
- Ability to maintain a professional and welcoming demeanor.
- Ability to multitask: typing, phone, and clerical duties.
- Ability to be flexible and use discretion.
- Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Frequenting walking, sitting, talking or hearing.
- Occasional standing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling.
- Should be able to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, & office equipment.
- Ability to read printed materials and computer screens.