EARLY CHILDHOOD - VINCENT J. CARISTO CCC
5901 13TH AVENUE,
BROOKLYN, N.Y. 11219
Responsible for assisting in the supervision of the pre-school classroom, mixed ages (3yrs. old – 5 yrs. Old).
Works together with a team to maintain a safe, healthy and sound environment for all children.
Assist in maintaining all classroom documentation (i.e. anecdotal records, daily/monthly plans, outcomes and measurements, education checklists, etc.).
Utilize appropriate early childhood principles and practices and maintain compliance with all regulations as per the NYC Department of Health, Agency for Children Services, & Department of Education.
Implementation of Agency’s Montessori curriculum is a must.
- High School Diploma/GED or AA Degree in Early Childhood Education/CDA preferred.
Note:(High School Diplomas from other countries must be translated into English with
evaluation of coursework provided.).
- Minimum of 1 year of teaching experience in a pre-school setting.
- Montessori Certification or commitment to complete Agency’s Montessori 2 year training program during first year of hire;
- “People skills” and a love of children are a MUST
- Ability to read, write and speak in English.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and creativity & must possess a “team player” attitude.