Connecting People in Brooklyn and Queens
To raise awareness, share important information about our social services and strengthen our neighborhoods, Catholic Charities Brooklyn and Queens sponsors many community events. We hope to see you there!
Journey to Healing: Faith and Loss in a Diverse World - Saturday, November 8 | 12:30 p.m.
Third Annual Bereavement Conference for the Diocese of Brooklyn and Queens
A conference for persons who are grieving and those who accompany others on their journey to healing.
Join parish bereavement groups and their facilitators, priests, deacons, pastoral associates, teachers, religious educators, campus ministers, students, friends and families, as we embrace the diversity of the Diocese of Brooklyn-Queens and its cultures to:
- Explore the connections of spirituality and grief
- Help persons who are grieving and those who accompany them on their journey to understand grief and the process of grieving within a theological and cultural context.
- Create an opportunity of professional development for facilitators of Parish Bereavement Programs, deacons, pastoral ministers and educators, and campus ministers
Saturday, November 8, 2014
St. John’s University, D’Angelo Center 4th floor
8000 Utopia Parkway, Queens, NY 11439
For more information, RSVP, schedule of the day and program click here
- Fidelis Health
- NYLAG Veterans Legal Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Queens Community Center
- Catholic Charities Behavioral Health Services
- North Shore-LIJ Health Plan
- Cooking Demonstration
- Duane Reade Flu Shots
- VNS: Blood Pressure Screenings
For more information call 347-472-5043
Click here to view and print flyer.